The preliminary results of the census data processing are already available.
Karine Kuyumjyan, Head of the Department for Census and Demography of the National Statistical Service, today presented initial statistical figures of the census conducted in Armenia in October 2011.
The number of the existing population has declined by 13.823 and that of permanent population by 194.157 as compared with the last population census in 2001. Rural residents make 36.7% of the permanent population, the other 63.3% live in cities and towns," she said.
The final results of the census will be published in 2013.