In the network of the Public Environmental Alliance the proposal about Nature Protection Minister Aram Harutyunyan's resignation has been discussed in regard with the incident in Khosrov Forest reserve: EcoLur proposes:
- taking into consideration the tendency in Armenia to make decisions on environmentally important matters under political pressure and based on the mission of Nature Protection Ministry that it should be in certain opposition with other ministries and departments, as well as that the Nature Protection Ministry must:
- preserve environment and natural resources, which belong to the whole nation,
- to exercise supervisory functions over activities permitted to other ministries and departments,
- to present expert assessment opinion on the projects having received the consent of other ministries and departments,
- to implement the provisions of the Aarhus Convention securing public participation un decision-making on environmental important matters,
The nominee for the office of Nature Protection Minister to be a member of no party, to have professional experience and qualifications in preservation of environment and to take into consideration public opinion when appointing a nature protection minister. All the proposals will be summed up on 3 October, after 16:00 p.m.